[TR] help with identifying gaskets

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Jun 17 07:13:11 MDT 2014

---- dave n <dave at ranteer.com> wrote:
> hi.
>
> Ibve got these gaskets that are supposed to go with my 57 TR3.
>
> http://www.ranteer.com/misc/
>
> its been an on again, off again kind of restoration, and I was hoping
someone
> could tell me where these go.

They look to me like the water seals that go along the bottom of the doors;
plus a short section where the top of the door meets the scuttle.

Unfortunately, they might also be the ones that don't fit very good.  The
originals were somehow molded with varying density, so the section that goes
into the clips on the door was much firmer than the lip that goes against the
body; allowing the clip to hold while the rest of the seal crushed to fit.
Many if not all of the seals available today have the firmer density all the
way, so they don't crush and hold the door open slightly.

Good Luck,
Randall