[TR] Catalytic Converter for TR6?

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 06:10:35 MDT 2014

The products of hydrocarbon combustion are water and carbon dioxide.
If you want less CO2, as others have said, burn less gasoline.  Drive
less and more economically.   Tune the car well including tire
pressures.

Air pollution is much more than CO2, and when catalysts were developed
it was more about photochemical smog than anything else (CO2 and
global warming was being talked about by a few academics, not the
population at large).  Original two-way catalytic convertors manage
incomplete combustion products (unburned hydrocarbons, HC, and carbon
monoxide, CO).  Modern three-way catalytic convertors in addition
manage oxides of nitrogen (NOX), a component of smog and acid rain
that results from lean mixtures and hot combustion.  Catalytic
convertors don't change the fundamental equation that CO2 comes from
burning fuel.

Don
1962 TR3B TSF202L