[TR] charging problem advice 63 TR4

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:19:30 MDT 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 8:05 AM, Bob Labuz <yellowtr at adelphia.net> wrote:

I am not looking for a $ savings, just something that is reliable.

How many years has your charging system performed well?  In my experience
the original system can be quite reliable.

Obviously if there are other reasons at work that call for increased power
(lots of night driving, electric fans, powerful sound system, heated seats,
etc) then those are factors -- but I don't buy that reliability alone calls
for an alternator.

BTW - You would have to convert to negative ground.  Not a big deal to do
but worth noting.

Geo