[TR] charging problem

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:14:05 MDT 2014

My TR4 had an issue wherein the red light would sometimes stay on after the
ignition was switched off.  Restarting the engine and switching it off
again would clear it.

Then one day I couldn't get it to go out with a restart so I raised the
bonnet and took a look -- there was the generator operating as a motor and
trying mightedly to turn the engine.  Good thing I tend to keep the belt a
bit on the loose side.

In the end the problem was the control box which I cleaned & adjusted.

Geo