[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 198

Irv Korey emanteno at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 10:13:18 MDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 9:22 AM, Jack Mc <McGaheyRx at aol.com> wrote:

> John, your comments strike a certain note for me: I can't help but take
> note
> of the fact that the only reason Miata seats are so easily obtained is that
> Miata owners can't stand them and can't wait to get rid of them.

Actually, as someone who has had them in my TR6 since 2005, I find them
extremely comfortable. I have driven my TR6 over 700 miles in one day
numerous times over the years and have felt great at the end of the drive.
Some people acquire Miata seats for their cars as a matter of economics. A
pair of Miata seats typically costs less than replacement foam kits alone
for the stock seats.

Why are so many Miata seats available? It's called Spec Miata. One of the
most popular classes in SCCA history, Spec Miata is so popular that on any
given weekend, there are probably more Miatas being raced than any other
single model. Spec Miata prep rules allow for the removal of the stock
seats, so that a racing seat may be installed.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U (original owner, no Miata, just the seats)
Highland Park, Il