[TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 198

John Macartney john.macartney at ukpips.org.uk
Mon Jul 21 17:21:07 MDT 2014

Are Miata seats supposed to be comfortable? I spent last Saturday as a
Navigator on a club run for MX5's (the Miata for Europe) and was glad to get
home. What an utterly boring car. No rattles, no clunks, no unexpected
twitches from the back end and all too quiet for me in every respect - and
those seats were h**l !!!!!
I've no wish to ever ride in an MX5 again and they're ten for a penny here -
as everywhere else for that matter. Most them seem to be driven by women "of
a certain age" who are in bottom lip biting mode at 60mph and terrified
their blonde highlights and false fingernails will vanish in the slipstream.
Gimme a sidescreen TR with the Michelin X tyre technology of fifty years
back and an overdrive and I'll be as close to heaven as one can get this
side of mortality. Same goes for a Mk 1 GT6, Healey 100/6 or late model 3000
for a narrow English road, a slick surface and a few unexpected surprises
thrown in for good measure.

Jonmac

---