[TR] Type A overdrive question

Bud R levilevi at comcast.net
Sun Jul 20 10:40:12 MDT 2014

Ron,

Check the wires on the OD column switch. I had a similar problem and it was
one of the wires on the switch that appeared to be connected but was broken
and would work/not work intermittently depending on the last bump in the road.

In addition, I also had a bad relay that happened about the same time that
caused me to chase my tail for quite awhile. Always fun when two things are
bad.

A careful soldering of the switch wire was needed and fixed the problem (along
with a new relay).

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/levilevi@comcast.net