[TR] TR3 Coil

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 13 13:29:50 MDT 2014

In defense of Bosch - I have had good results with most Bosch products.
Granted, that style of fuse with the exposed element (I think the body was
ceramic, not plastic) can easily corrode and cause a failed connection but
those were made by many manufacturers (used them on my Fiats and VWs) and
was just a poor design.

My Bosch ignition wires that I bought in the 90s finally failed and I saw
on their website that they guarantee them for life.  Fortunately, I had
saved the receipt (don't we all) and indeed they promptly sent me a refund
almost 20 years after the original purchase.

My favorite quote from that website:  "Spain (next best thing to
Germany)".  Perhaps the guys in Madrid should adopt that for their tourism
campaigns.

Geo