[TR] TR6 Rear Shock Conversion

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
Wed Jul 9 12:45:23 MDT 2014

As Randall pointed out, Herman developed the kit and now it's sold under the
blind moose name. Herman told me that when it first came out, the auto-x
guys were using it and breaking the mount point so he came up with the brace
that I then put on my car. He also told me that once the auto-x guys
installed the brace he never heard of another mount breaking.

My gut tells me that there's a lot of "bad" lever shock mounts out there
that were destined to break at some point and this conversion just helped it
along. If you do the Blind Moose kit, you have to do the bracket.

I've had it on the car for about 6 years now with no problems. I do check
the mounts every year and they still look solid. The write up is here
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/BlindMoose.htm

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/