[TR] TR4A carburetors woes

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 18:27:29 MDT 2014

On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM, Jeff <piggerp at comcast.net> wrote:

> Thanks for the input.  I'm ordering the viton tip needle.  My fuel pump is
> the stock mechanical pump.  Can that put out to much pressure?

I see no way that could occur.

BTW - I've had Grose jets on the TR3A for 30+ years -- one did stick closed
once after a long sit years ago, otherwise no issues.  I'm not recommending
them, just saying they are not always a problem.

No harm in replacing them, but my guess is that you have an ignition
problem and will still get the miss after the change.

Sometimes ignition components fail completely but I have known some to only
fail once they warmed up (thinking of coil & condenser here).

Geo