[TR] TR4A carburetors woes

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 6 12:42:28 MDT 2014

in my case it was a very weak coil
frank

On Saturday, July 5, 2014 8:53 PM,
TeriAnn J. Wakeman <tjwakeman at gmail.com> wrote:

Grose jets tend to
stick.  I had a pair on an MGBGT.  They didn't stay
there very long.  I
suggest going back to stock.

TeriAnn

On 7/5/14, 5:23 PM, Jeff wrote:
> I've
been trying to get my TR4A on the road before winter sets in again.
> I'm
having a heck of a time getting my SU HS6 carburetors tuned.  I pulled
> the
floats and checked the fuel in the chamber.  They have Grose Jets in
> them.
Both chambers have fuel about 1/2 way up the bowl.  I've done the
> tuning on
both carbs to where when you lift the piston the engine RPM seems
> to rise
and fall.  The engine runs great, I can rev it with no hesitation
> and it
seems very smooth.  I pulled the plugs and they were normal color.
> When I
take it for a spin though I can only get about 2 blocks and it starts

missing badly.  I get it home and pull the plugs and they are really sooty.

What am I missing?

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate:
http://www.team.net/donate.html