[TR] TR6 ammeter

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 11:45:15 MST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Pete Arakelian
<arakelianp at mossmotors.com>wrote:

> We are having a discussion on how a TR6 ammeter should read.
> Mine has always shown a charge when running, although less once it has run
> bit, and as I turn on more equipment it shows a greater charge....

That sounds right to me -- it is the rate of charge (as managed by the
control box (or 4TR or whatever they use on a TR6), not the state of charge
of the battery (though that is a factor).

Usually a significant dose of charging right after start-up because of the
recent draw of the starter.

Geo