[TR] tr3a backup light - insignt & advice

CFM-TR cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sun Jan 26 16:33:16 MST 2014

I am wondering where to put the transmission mounted switch for a backup
light on a tr3 (w/od).

the od transmission has the reverse fork correct for a '3.   the '6
transmission I have has a different fork. but i wonder if the same location
will work on the '3.   I do not see a raised section on the '3 lever that
will trigger the lamp but I don't know how the side mounted one works.  the
'6 fork does have a raised section that would line up with 3rd boss on the
transmission cover (I have one with all three holes plus filler hole).   is
everything else the same except for the fork on the two.  or is there a
different alignment of the internals to match up with the gear lever.  I
have two other transmission (unknown source - 1 had a '3 top cover/reverse
lever; the other a '6) and can't see any difference between them and the od
internals.

thanks

Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO