[TR] TR3 Rear Cap Sealing Felt

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Fri Jan 24 16:23:48 MST 2014

     What's the opinion on the rear main bearing cap sealing felt? At one time
people were using silicone sealant, but then they said the formulation changed
and it no longer works. ISTR that last time I was in this engine I soaked it
in some sort of liquid aviation Permatex and then pounded it in. I just tried
soaking 3" lengths of the felt in WelSeal and pounding it in, but it was
oozing out the side of the bearing cap. I cleaned it all out and am going to
try again. Any suggestions?
     TIA,

     -Bill Brewer