[TR] Fluids in your car that burns.

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Jan 17 18:53:02 MST 2014

---- "spook01 at comcast.net" <spook01 at comcast.net> wrote:
> Fluids that burn.  All antifreeze burns!
>

> http://garrett-engineers.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=79&Itemid=82

So do humans, under those conditions (heated to over 1000F).  In fact, there is very little in our world that won't burn, if you get it hot enough.  Even steel.

Glycol (both ethylene and propylene) burns fairly easily, but a 50/50 mix with water is harder to light.  You basically have to boil off the water before the rest will burn.

Somewhere, I've got some impressive photos of R12 burning.  And it comes inside the cabin, possibly just inches away from you.

Oddly enough, a related topic came up at lunch today.  Apparently someone got blown into the air, when the asphalt under his feet exploded.  All it took was some spilled LOX <g>

Randall