[TR] Fwd: Evaporative piping placement

Joseph Burlein joseph.burlein at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jan 15 05:37:40 MST 2014

I am sealing up my 1972 TR6 from timing cover to diff seal. So with
everything pulled out of the car I've been checking things over. One of
the problem areas I found was a routing problem with the nylon piping
from the carbon canister to the tank pipe. It has been melted because it
was not snapped to the clips with the fuel pipe. You can see how it
should be run by looking on page 19 in the Blue Book
(http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/inde...zoom=1&page=25
<http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/index.php?zoom=1&page=25>). That is the
correct page for the piping run in a 72.  The 72 and 71 were the same
except for that expansion tank.  Here are my questions:

1) How does it exit the tank and route to the clips on the frame? The
parts manual and my car show the edge finisher in place. I'd assume it
should run behind the cross member and then to the chassis rail due to
the manual picture and the rail finisher being attached here.

2) In the attached picture (found here:
http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?94583-Evaporative-piping-placement),
what is the mounting bracket used for where the pipes are currently zip
tied? Is it left over from another application? I can't seem to find
anything in the parts book that mentions it.

On another note, the nylon piping is no longer from TRF/Moss/etc. I
found some 1/4 inch diameter nylon piping for air brakes at O'Reilly's
Auto Parts. They can sell it in 1' increments for about $0.59.

Thanks in advance,

Joe B