[TR] oil pressure

Q hdrider570 at att.net
Tue Jan 14 17:01:02 MST 2014

Before I made the effort to drop the oil pan I would replace the check valve
and spring even though you replaced them once already.  I would pay particular
attention to the ball seat in the filter head to be sure that there is not a
burr or some swarf in there holding the valve open a bit.  I have heard some
stories of defective springs that were not properly heat treated, the warm
engine effected the spring tension.  You might want to use another gauge as
well just to be sure you are getting the same readings.

Of course if it was
my car it would never be something that simple.  I'd have porous crankshaft
that only leaked at high rpm when the moon was full which was impossible to
replicate out of the car or some other exotic malady.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma
CA