[TR] oil pressure

ptegler ptegler at verizon.net
Tue Jan 14 04:23:11 MST 2014

clearances where oil escapes the route through the passages (lowers overall
pressure)
are the lower rod bearing of course, but like the Spit 1500 that is worst of
all, the cam shaft journals.
Without cam bearings and the cam riding right in the cast iron block the
expansion ratios of the metal open up the clearances and allow oil to escape
as the car warms up

100 psi is a bit high. The relief should be closer to 80 psi.

Have you purged all the air out of your oil pressure gauge line (or is it an
electric gauge?)

What oil grade/brand are you using? ..can make a BIG difference...
synthetics usually run lower pressures when warm, but a fresh build should
not be using non-dino oil yet anyway.

My own GT6 6 cyl scared me once or twice on long trip/events when at highway
speeds I was only getting 30 psi. A filter change (right on the show field)
brought the pressure right back up to the usual 50-55 hot at speed, 20-25 at
idle.

Pop one of the oil gallery set screw plugs out the side of the block and
screw a mechanical gauge directly into the block as a secondary test reading
apparatus to validate your gauge is not an issue.

.

Paul Tegler
ptegler at verizon.net
www.teglerizer.com