[TR] Dash Painting/P.Coating

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Thu Jan 9 15:01:11 MST 2014

Bill --

I don't think you're being understood.

You want to replace the vinyl-cover wood panel with something that can be
power-coated -- right?

Total replacement would need something pretty thick to look right but a
'sandwich' of the original aluminum backing, a thin layer of wood or
Masonite, then a front layer of sheet metal (possibly aluminum again) would
give you a part that could be powder coated.

I don't recollect ever seeing this done, possibly that is why it is hard to
catch your drift.

Geo