[TR] alternator conversions

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 21:35:04 MST 2014

> Frank Fisher wrote:
>> worked on a guys 62(maybe) Austin Healy sprite today.
>> he had a moss alternator kit fitted by a DPO. lots of problems.
>> he would like to buy a replacement alternator but seems to not like
>> moss! any one know what the alternator is from?
When I converted my TR3 to an Alternator I went to Morgan Motors of New
England.

http://www.morgan-spares.com

They have a very nice kit that includes a dummy voltage regulator to
make the conversion wiring easier and maintain "the look".

The alternator went out on my on my drive to the Kastner cup races at
Laguna Seca.  A shop put a new rebuild kit into the alternator and I
made Laguna Seca a day late :(

TeriAnn