[TR] Steering rack

James Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 7 11:33:20 MST 2014

That could be. My car is an early 4 (CT5212LO) and I have an early 62 parts
car (CT6442L) with the same mounting, but the steering rack does not have
the attached flange. I don't know much of the history of this car so someone
could have swapped out the racks.  The curious part is that there is a "62"
stamp on the aluminum housing near the pinion shaft.  I thought that might
be a date code, but maybe not. Does anyone know the evolution of these racks
and how to id which car they were for?
Thanks,
Jim