[TR] Rear Leaf Springs

James Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 4 10:14:06 MST 2014

Installing new Moss leaf springs on my 62 TR4 today and having a bit of a
problem.  I can't seem to get the front mount of the spring onto the round
housing on the frame.  The leaf spring bushing is rubber with a metal
cylinder sleeve that would slide over the frame shaft.  It looks to me as if
the inner metal cylinder sleeve on the new spring bushing is the same size
as the housing on the frame.  I inspected my old springs that I removed and
they did not have an inner metal cylinder sleeve on the bushing, just a big
rubber bushing.    Is the metal cylinder sleeve supposed to be removed
before installing.  Seems like it would be better if the sleeve was there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4 x2