[TR] TR4 Tach

Wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Wed Jan 1 17:18:28 MST 2014

There might be a very slight length diff but the two cables will read the same
if the are able to be properly connected.

Sent from mobile Bill

On Jan 1, 2014, at 5:59 PM, "Lee&John Howard" <leejohn7 at gmail.com> wrote:

Strange thing.
My tach cable just broke off at the tip; 1/4 inch tip left inside but
easily extracted with magnet. I see the cable is easily replaced from the
usual vendors, although prices vary somewhat. The strange thing is that the
tach appears to be from a TR3-3B, RN1411/00, rather than the correct
RN1417/00.  At least that is what it seems based on a little Ebay research.
So, am I getting a faulty reading with my TR3 tach running on my 65 TR4? I
suppose it doesn't matter a whole lot; I've been tuning by watching the
tach but can easily use a meter.
Any thoughts out there?
Many thanks

John H