[TR] Motorcycle Oil

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sun Feb 23 09:26:59 MST 2014

I know I am too cheap but hopefully not too stupid, was shopping around for an
appropriate oil to use for an oil change for my TR250.
Would like to have the something with the higher level of ZDDP which is now
harder to find, I know Brad Penn and Valvoline VR1 are
considered good choices by many, but they are also very pricey.  But I was
looking at Valvoline 4 Stroke motorcycle 20w-50, in theory
motorcycle oil is has to perform in more extreme conditions than auto oil,
Valvoline says it has increase levels of zinc and phosphorous,
it is often recommended that you don't use auto oil in motorcycles, anybody
have any idea if the reverse is true?  The stuff is for sale cheap
at Wal-Mart.   I anticipate, and don't entirely disagree, with the answer "why
risk your motor on something unknown to save a few bucks,
but still any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks, Greg