[TR] tr6 woes part 3

Peter Arakelian peterara at msn.com
Tue Feb 18 19:29:38 MST 2014

Another month passes

Got a call my oil pressure gauge was bad, reading erratically.  Strange, had
been working fine, but hey, things go wrong.  They installed a loner from
their race car I could use until West Valley rebuilt mine.

Finally, my car is ready, great!  I go up on a Saturday morning, Jason is
there to open up and give me my car.  Starts up real nice, pressure gauge
reads 100 psi.  I go to put it in reverse, and the lever swings around, say
what?  He says it couldn't be anything they did, that adjustment screw is
tucked away and they did not access it or even get close to it - they could
have warned me any way.  OK, I know how to fix it not a big deal.  And oh, by
the way I should consider rebuilding my rocker arm assembly - isn't that part
of doing the head?  Couldn't they have asked me about that instead of
polishing my rocker shaft? I drive home.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver