[TR] wheel dollies

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Feb 15 16:28:06 MST 2014

> from harbor freight to griots garage there are many choices.
> I have a set
> from harbor freight b the price was right but it takes some
> effort to push a
> car around.  anyone have any strong opinions or experience to share?

I bought a pair from HF, then went back for the other pair.  As with so many
things from HF, they were a "kit" : I had to
disassemble and clean up flash, correct clearances, etc. plus lubricate then
reassemble.  The result was quite nice, IMO.  Biggest
problem was that the car would frequently move when I was not expecting it
to!

A lot depends on your floor surface, obviously.  I've got smooth concrete; any
kind of texture is going to make it much harder to
move the car.  I also had a relatively light (likely under 2000 pounds) car on
them.

Randall