[TR] TR3 Throw Out Bearing Install

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Sat Feb 8 22:30:20 MST 2014

     I am trying to get the fork pins to match up with the throw out bearing
carrier on my TR3 OD transmission. I don't remember having problems with it
last time. This time I am using another OD trans that was professionally
rebuilt. If I put the forks down I have to move the clutch shaft to make the
square locking pin head clear the bolt heads on whatever the lower cover is.
If I get the forks past the the bolt heads then the forks are too high to
engage in the throw out bearing grooves. What gives? What's the trick? I hope
that I don't have to unbolt everything.
     TIA,

     Bill in Tehachapi