[TR] Two more Questions

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Feb 8 09:33:47 MST 2014

On the County Brand stuff it seems to be hit or miss, there have been many
discussions of this on the Austin Healey group when I had an Austin Healey.
They also seem to be the only game in town for many British engine parts if
you want to buy new these days, though you can also patiently wait for NOS
stuff to come up on E-bay, or order really expensive custom made.

I did use mostly county brand on my rebuild of my Austin Healey engine and
didn't have any problems, I did have some issues with a County brand water
pump I installed on the engine shortly after the rebuild (grease plug
opening poorly cast and leaky).

If you go with the County and you are working with a good machine shop  on
your rebuild you could have them give the once over before installation (a
good idea with any brand really).

Greg Lemon