[TR] Grommets

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat Dec 13 18:54:29 MST 2014

> The grommet kit for the TR3 has several clear plastic
> grommets.  Not sure
> where these go, but by a process of elimination, is it the
> bottom of the
> front fenders and rockers?

I don't recall any plugs there (which doesn't prove anything); but at least some of the earlier cars have plugs in the vertical part
of the floor, behind the seats.  There is a factory hole there that some believe is to access the rear shock absorber mounting bolt.

The holes to access the front fender mounting bolts (from under the scuttle) also had plugs, but I believe they were black rubber
rather than plastic.

-- Randall