[TR] Broken speedometer cable - again-

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:16:12 MST 2014

lubing w/o disassembly may seem tempting... but will likely have disastrous
results.  there are key areas that must remain dry [like the drag cup] and
any lube that gets on them will foul the works.  lube can also attract dirt.

in addition, what sometimes needs the lube are grease cups in the shafts of
the odo -- and I know of no way to get at those w/o taking it to bits.

I did that to one and successfully got it back together and working, but
when I was done the cost of professional gauge restoration didn't seem so
unreasonable.

geo