[TR] O/D safety switch

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 13:01:50 MDT 2014

Not being intimate with the GT6 transmission, but assuming that it
works the same as the Spitfire and TR6 gearboxes, the switch should
operate via a notch in the shaft, or a notch in the fork.  As I
understand it, the switch dropping into the notch locks out the signal
to the solenoid.  The OD switch on the column/shift knob remains
engaged, and so shifting between gears keeps the OD working  except
for the brief period when the lever passes through neutral where the
switch plunger drops into the notch..

So, the position of the switch mounting shouldn't affect whether or
not it works in 3rd gear.  I'm guessing you have some other problem,
but what it is is still a mystery.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.