[TR] TR4A Air Duct Mounting

Brian Thomas thomasb at queensu.ca
Sun Aug 31 08:06:16 MDT 2014

I'm currently in the process of installing the GoodParts stainless steel
radiator air duct in my TR4A and have a small problem.

My 1967 TR4A is a very late one - CTC78390L - and the upper valance panel to
which the top piece of air duct mounts is V shaped putting the middle mounting
point 1/2 inch or so in front of the two others.  I wonder if TRIUMPH maybe
switched to a TR250 style late in the run?

I had encountered this problem with the two previous "cardboard" ducts but had
simply ignored the mid-point mount.

Anyone else been there - done this?

I've asked Richard Good for comments.

... and thanks to John Donnelly and Dave Connitt for recommending GoodParts -
I'm very impressed with the overall quality of the product!

Cheers,

Brian