[TR] Problems getting my TR4A running again-- Update!

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Thu Aug 28 12:07:44 MDT 2014

I just got it running!
It was the intake manifold not being up against the gasket.
As I was removing the last nuts holding the intake manifold, it started
rocking strangely and after looking at the two holes that the pins on the head
plug into, I could tell they had witness marks on them that meant the manifold
was not seated correctly.
So, after going through that whole assembly process again, it started almost
immediately.
I ran it for 25 minutes or so at 2,000 RPM and when I let it go back down to
idle, it sat there running smoother than it ever did at about 750 RPM which is
about 150-200 RPM slower than it ever did before. I think those bronze valve
guides were my nemisis all along..
Thanks to all for your help!
A special thanks to Jerry Van Vlack for his patience with my phone calls LOL
Dave Connitt