[TR] Lights-on ignition-off alarm

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 24 19:42:37 MDT 2014

> Current cars have an alarm when you leave you lights on when
> the ignition
> is off.
> Does anyone know of an aftermarket device that will perform
> this function
> for a TR6?

Here's a couple of ways to roll your own:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et245.htm

You could also do the first solution with an in-line diode rather than the relay.

There have been times when I wanted to leave the lights on, without listening to the buzzer, so my preference would be to include an
easy way to defeat it.  One solution might be a big capacitor in series, so it would just chirp once as you turned the key off, then
shut up.

Randall