[TR] Alloy valve cover oil consumption

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 09:22:32 MDT 2014

If your TR4 lacks the crankcase breather tube that may be at the root of
your problem.

That tube was deleted (and the hole plugged) at some point in TR4
production.  About the same time the oil fill cap went from the breather
style to a sealed cap.

Alas, that little spout and hoses to the air cleaners do not seem up to the
task of relieving crankcase pressure - at least that was the case on my
engine.  As a result, mine was seeping oil out of every crack & pore.

I installed an original crankcase breather tube (like a TR3) and that took
care of everything (except a minor real seal leak).

Geo