[TR] TR4 Handbrake Grip

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Aug 17 12:37:41 MDT 2014

> Greetings. Moss and others specify a screw-on grip for the
> TR2-3 handbrake and
> a slide-on for the 4. The thing is, on my 62 TR4, the brake lever has
> threads. Do I have an incorrect lever or did Triumph continue
> to use a TR3
> lever on early TR4s?

My TR4 SPC shows both part numbers, so I'm pretty sure at least some TR4 had
the earlier threaded lever.  Since no change point is
given (the comment is there but the space for the number is blank), I suspect
that there was no single change point, both types of
lever were fitted more or less at random for some number of cars.

Randall