[TR] Rip Van Winkle

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Mon Aug 11 05:58:25 MDT 2014

If your friend is a mechanic he should know the basics of waking the car
back up, sounds like it will need the gas tank cleaned out, as well as the
carbs, I would pour some Marvel Mystery Oil into the cylinders to lube them
a little, new battery goes without saying, I certainly wouldn't trust the
brake or clutch hydraulics after 30 years and he will want new rubber bits
all around there, and probably new radiator hoses and belts soon if not
immediately as well.  Electrics will need to be tested, the fuel pump may
need a good whack or points cleaned to get going, SU pumps don't like to sit
that long.  Obviously change the oil in the motor, check the oil level in
the carb dashpots, drain flush and fill radiator, I am sure I am probably
missing something, but that would be a good start.

Greg Lemon