[TR] TR4 - TR6 front suspension

Tony Drews tony at tonydrews.com
Tue Aug 5 11:11:57 MDT 2014

Lower A-Arms changed between the TR-4 (with 3 degrees of castor) and
the TR-6 (with 3 degrees of castor), possibly when they went to the
TR-4A IRS with the adjustable lower A-arm brackets.  Vertical link
changed between the TR-4 and TR-250 / TR-6 - went from studs sticking
out of the lower trunnion to one with a bolt through the lower
trunnion.  The lower trunnion width changed with that, the "screw"
that goes into the trunnion is larger diameter and shorter in the
TR-6, and the location of the bolt / pivot changed in a way that
lowers the car.

Spring pans are the same.

http://www.tonydrews.com/Front_Suspension/tr4_front_suspension_upgrade.htm

But, the springs will fit, but will be a bit shorter than the
original if I'm doing my math right:
9.75 + 1.25 = 11"
vs
10.1"