[TR] Engineer Question again!

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Sun Apr 20 17:15:01 MDT 2014

Okay.  Traced the source of my overheating engine.  When I pulled the head, there are two gouges on opposite sides of #2 cylinder.  Suspect the wrist pin wasn't secured by the snap-rings well enough.

So, I happen to have a liner and piston that came out of an old engine.  Would there be some odd harmonic imbalance if I were to use three pistons of one type and a fourth of a different type?  ...In other words, do I need to yank all four pistons and liners and repace them with a matched set?

Thanks Again, Everyone!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire