[TR] Hood Latch TR3

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Apr 6 15:29:03 MDT 2014

> I've been doing that trick with a cap for about a year now
> and its helped for
> sure - but as my engine does shake a bit on idle the noises
> with the hood down
> have never completely gone away.

A friend of mine has come up with two great fixes.  He disassembled the pushrod assembly at the front, and added nylon bushings
where the vertical pin rides in the two brackets.  Lot more work than the rubber cap, but should solve the problem completely.

He also added two more rubber buffers at the back, to hold the hood up just slightly and remove all play in the hinges with the hood
closed.  That's where my rattle (and sometimes squeak) was coming from.

There's a TSB somewhere that says, in effect, new hinges should be too tight to rattle; but such has not been my experience.  They
seem to all be supplied loosey-goosey.  I'm guessing that trying to supply them tight results in lots of broken returns.

Randall