[TR] Confusion ...

William Pugh anabil007 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 4 12:55:03 MDT 2014

I am doing some electrical work on the 1970 TR6, adding an electronic
tachometer.  First go around blew the bsacrifice resistorsb, I seemed to
have mis-wired the thing, as there are only three wires I am most ashamed.

			Red  power wire: to 12v, fused and switched by the ignition switch.
			I found a good place on the lights relay box.   No Problem

			Black wire: to ground, No Problem

			Yellow Trigger wire: to negative terminal on distributor side.

				Problem:  My schematic shows the coil white wire clearly on the - negative
side.

				BUT  on my coil the white wire is connected to the + plus side of the
coil. I have the Pertronix Ignitor system
				(the one that just replaces the points).  The car runs great, never any
start or run problems.

				So where do I connect the trigger wire, when the instruction state connect
the the - negative side of the
				coil for a negative ground car b& which the TR6 is.

I really donbt want to blow up the tach again, that is getting to be
expensive.

Ideas greatly appreciated.

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"p;
TS16765L
Wallace, CA