[TR] eBay TR6 Caveat Emptor

Jack Mc McGaheyRx at aol.com
Thu Sep 19 18:35:40 MDT 2013

Update:

Seller responded to my question: "no clue what you're asking, not a car guy"

In the meantime, the gentleman who has seen the car, saw the eBay listing and
says the description makes it sound like a fresh restoration - it's not - the
restoration was done 10 years ago. He also thinks the seller should have
disclosed that there is some kind of sound deadening glued to the floor so you
can't get a look at the floors under the carpet.

Normally, I'm content to just warn people about stuff like this, but I'm
beginning to think this seller richly deserves some harassment.
I'm going to rephrase my question for him: "okay, didn't someone who looked at
the car tell you and show you that it had serious rust where the trailing arm
brackets mount to the frame? And didn't he get a worst case estimate of $1,800
a side to fix the damage and inform you of that? And don't you think you
should disclose that to avoid negative feedback from a buyer?"
Everybody feel free to copy and paste the same question.

Cheers,
Jack Mc

Sent from my iPad

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/mcgaheyrx@aol.com