[TR] Fwd: [TRM 1946-49] Generation gap

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Wed Sep 18 15:00:13 MDT 2013

Being Irish, having gone to University in Scotland, and with an English
mother, I think I am qualified to weigh in here on the subject of Brits and
religion (well, alcohol is a religion to many):

The Scots keep the sabbath, and anything else they can get their hands on
The Welsh pray on their knees, and on their neighbor(u)rs
The Irish don't know what to believe in, but are prepared to die for it
And the English are a nation of self-made men, thus relieving the almighty
of an onerous responsibility

Andrew Uprichard