[TR] Idle Problem

WBEECH wbeech at flash.net
Tue Sep 17 19:32:44 MDT 2013

TeriAnn,

Checked the pressure,  5 psi, so changed out the pump and all seems normal
again.  Had a small leak around the rod , but it must be around the bushing as
the rod is fitted with double o-ring's on both sides.

Thanks,
Bill
Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 17, 2013, at 3:23 PM, "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <tjwakeman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 9/17/13 12:18 PM, bill_beecher at flash.net wrote:
>> Have just spent 1/2 the day trying to resolve the idle, or lack thereof,
on
>> the TR3B project.  Engine is in the chassis only as the body is still off
at
>> the painter.  Carbs freshly re-built, new electric fuel pump installed,
>> timing set, vacuum line attached and advance checked and working.
>> Starts and runs great, but will not idle down below around 1500 RPM.
After
>> that it will just start to slowly stumble then die.  Always starts right
>> back up.  I have adjusted the jets 1-2 & 3 flats each way with no
>> discernable difference.
>> What else should I check?
> Check the fuel pressure.  A lot of electric pumps produce a pressure that
will overcome the SU float valve.  You want the pressure to be about 2-1/2 to
3 lbs.