[TR] Fwd: [TRM 1946-49] Generation gap

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 19:32:35 MDT 2013

We live in a remote area with no cell service and a couple of 20somethings
who had car trouble asked to use our phone.  It's a rotary (dial) phone.

The young woman picked up the receiver correctly and extended her index
finger -- and then she was stumped.  She had probably seen someone do this
in an old movie but she wasn't really sure where the finger went or what
you did when it got there.

Yeah, amusing but also a grim reminder.

Geo