[TR] Sanity Check on Moss fuel pump

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Fri Sep 13 17:28:47 MDT 2013

OK,
I am getting real close to starting my TR4A for the first time in 13 years..
Checking for possible fuel leaks, I put a couple of gallons of gas in the tank
and using the priming lever on my new Moss fuel pump, I was able to fill the
carbs. However, after a few additional pumps of the priming lever, suddenly
nothing is happening when I press down on the priming lever. I am assuming
that the carbs are full and when I press down on the lever, there is no room
for more fuel so nothing happens...
I went back upstairs to eat dinner and will see if I can bleed off some of the
fuel and see if the pump will replace the fuel. I am just making sure that I
won't toast my new camshaft by not running the engine for 20-30 minutes to
seat the cam lifters by running out of fricking gas.
Am I worrying too much or what?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt