[TR] Bleeding Hydraulics on a TR6

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Sep 11 06:00:41 MDT 2013

I had a similar problem when I replaced my master cylinder earlier this
year (first service I have had to do to the brakes since 1996).  The master
cylinder doesn't work so good with air.  In addition to the mightyvac there is
a device (I forget the name) that applies a modest amount of air pressure to
the reservoir to push fluid through the system.  I didn't have one of those
but I do have an air gun so I carefully applied a short blast of air to the
vent hole in the reservoir cap - taking care to not hold it too tightly to
the cap so that the pressure would be self-limiting - which forced enough
fluid into the master cylinder to get things working again.

Bleeding after that was pretty much textbook.

If you have a pressure regulator set it to 5 PSI.  Or 3 PSI.

Dave