[TR] TR6 Cylinder Head

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Sep 5 21:01:59 MDT 2013

You would get the most bang for the buck from shaving the head 9.5/1 is usually considered a safe CR for a street car. A machine shop guy told me a three angle grind was better for performance, but I always thought it was more for longevity, will defer to other's opinions on that.

Have definitely read that oversize valves are of no benefit unless you are going racing or very major street mods.

I would also smooth out the sharp edges in the combustion chamber and match intake and exhaust ports and manifolds.  The Kastner competition prep manual goes into detail on this and can be had on eBay and the various sources for $10 bucks or so.

Greg