[TR] Headlights, horns and exhaust manifold paint

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Sep 3 21:17:48 MDT 2013

> I came across this a while ago, it is probably how I would go
> if I decide
> upgrade the lights on my cars:
>
> http://www.ratwell.com/technical/BoschH4.html

FWIW, I have (well, had) those Bosch conversions from Bus Depot.  The price
is outstanding, and there is nothing really wrong with the lamps.  But I
just don't like the light pattern quite as well as some of the others I have
had.  The hot spot is a bit too close to the car on low beam (with the high
beam aimed properly), and they kick a little too much light up on the right.
I plan to try something else, preferably with a European "E-code" rating.

I see where Amazon has Hella H4 lamps for $36/ea (plus $4 for a 55/60 bulb).
But I'm tempted to get the Valeo (formerly Cibii) lamps, even though they
are twice the price.

Randall