[TR] Replacing TR4 transmission mount - from the top or bottom?

Randy and Valerie DeRuiter deruiterville at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 31 06:08:42 MDT 2013

Dean-

I've only taken them off from above.  It may be possible from below, but I'm
skeptical.  Too many things in the way to get access to all the bolts - the
tough ones I think would be the main mount bolts from the gearbox tailshaft to
the mount.  After that, you'd either need to raise the whole gearbox up to get
the mount to clear the rear crossmember, or get access to the 4 bolts holding
the crossmember to the frame.  Tough either way.  My advice, bite the bullet
and pull the tunnel cover!

Randy
Texas Triumph Register member & 64 red TR4 owner